1. History and mission
In May 25 2018 a new Swiss-wide platform has been founded (see chapter 2) with the name "Translational and Clinical Bio-Manufacturing (TCBM)", which is affiliated with NTN biotechnet. The main objective of the TCBM platform is to foster exchange and collaborations between academic groups using and operating cleanrooms including bio-manufacturing products for translational clinical trials and/or standard therapies. The goal is to bundle the existing knowledge of experts in the area of compliant bio-manufacturing in order to optimise production processes (e.g. under "Good Manufacturing Practice" (GMP), ISO and/or FACT-JACIE) within an academic setting. For more information please see TCBM guidelines.
2. Platform founder and member organisations
The following five academic groups from all seven Swiss universities, from university hospitals and from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich contributed to its foundation in May 25 2018:
The steering committee (also forming the current members) of the Swiss wide TCBM platform:
- Dr. Marie-Noelle GIRAUD (delegate), University of Fribourg and Dr. Lavinia ALBERI AUBER (deputy) SICHH.
- Dr. MD Marisa JACONI (delegate) University of Geneva/SICT and Dr. Jean-François BRUNET (deputy), CHUV Lausanne/SICT
- Prof. Eliane J. MULLER (delegate) University of Bern and Prof. Gabriela M. BAERLOCHER (deputy), Insel University Hospital
- Dr. Paul ZAJAC (delegate), ETH-Zurich/University of Basel and Dr. Alessia BOTTOS (deputy), University Hospital Basel /Basel GMP Network
The TCBM Platform is led jointly by the members of the Steering Committee and coordinated (period 2018-2021) by Prof. Eliane J. Muller (SCRM Bern)
3. How to become a TCBM platform member
To become a TCBM-platform partner, please contact: René Aeberhard, TCBM office, Murtenstrasse 40, 3008 Bern, phone: +41 31 632 79 12, e-mail: rene.aeberhard(at)dbmr.unibe.ch
The partnership fees are (p.a.): academy CHF 1'000; spin-off company CHF 1'500.- and for industry CHF 3'000.-
4. Events and News
Please visit events and news on this homepage