1. History and mission
In order to catalyse the translation of outstanding scientific discoveries into new therapies for patients and breakthrough innovations in the fields of regenerative medicine, in 2015, Wyss Zurich, biotechnet and the NTN SwissBiotech founded a novel platform namend "Regenerative Medicine" within the organisation of NTN biotechnet.
In order to sharpen and re-define its activities and competencies, the name of the platform has been redefined from "Regenerative Medicine" towards "Translational and Clinical Bio-Manufacturing (TCBM)" in 2017. In November 2017, the network "Stem Cell Research in Regenerative Medicine" (SCRM) joined the NTN biotechnet as full member and is heading together with Wyss Zurich at NTN biotechnet the platform TCBM.
In May 25 2018 a new Swiss-wide platform has been founded (see chapter 2) with the same name "Translational and Clinical Bio-Manufacturing (TCBM)", which is affiliated with NTN biotechnet. The main objective of the swiss-wide TCBM platform is to foster exchange and collaborations between academic groups using and operating cleanrooms including bio-manufacturing products for translational clinical trials and/or standard therapies. The goal is to bundle the existing knowledge of experts in the area of compliant bio-manufacturing in order to optimise production processes (e.g. under "Good Manufacturing Practice" (GMP), ISO and/or FACT-JACIE) within an academic setting. For more information please see TCBM guidelines.
2. Platform founder and member organisations
The following five academic groups from all seven Swiss universities, from university hospitals and from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich contributed to its foundation in May 25 2018:
The steering committee (also forming the current members) of the Swiss wide TCBM platform:
- Dr. Marie-Noelle GIRAUD (delegate), University of Fribourg and Dr. Lavinia ALBERI AUBER (deputy) SICHH.
- Dr. MD Marisa JACONI (delegate) University of Geneva/SICT and Dr. Jean-François BRUNET (deputy), CHUV Lausanne/SICT
- Prof. Eliane J. MULLER (delegate) University of Bern and Prof. Gabriela M. BAERLOCHER (deputy), Insel University Hospital
- Dr. Paul ZAJAC (delegate), ETH-Zurich/University of Basel and Dr. Alessia BOTTOS (deputy), University Hospital Basel /Basel GMP Network
- Dr. Steffen M. ZEISBERGER (delegate) and Dr. Martin KAYSER (deputy), Wyss Zurich/University of Zurich and ETH Zurich
Currently, the TCBM platform is led by Prof. Eliane J. Muller and Dr. Steffen M. Zeisberger
3. How to become a TCBM platform member
To become a TCBM-platform partner, please contact: René Aeberhard, TCBM office, Murtenstrasse 40, 3008 Bern, phone: +41 31 632 79 12, e-mail: rene.aeberhard(at)dbmr.unibe.ch
The partnership fees are (p.a.): academy CHF 1'000; spin-off company CHF 1'500.- and for industry CHF 3'000.-
4. Events and News
Please visit events and news on this homepage