The Tissue Engineering for Drug Discover expands its interest towards translational medicine. Hence, this event presented the AGORA translational research environment and multidisciplinary community that brings together cancer biologists, clinicians, bio-informaticians & bioengineers. Our community could learn how such an integrated & collaborative ecosystem enables the translational development of new therapeutic strategies to support patients.
- Lausanne, Agora Pôle De Recherche Sur Le Cancer, 15.11.2022
- 40 participants, including academic, SMEs, startups, clinical, and international
- Short Talks by Scientists
- Live Demo by Sponsors
- Lab tours
- Organized by: Competence Centre TEDD, Agora Pôle De Recherche Sur Le Cancer
1. Scientific talks
- Opening by Dr. Markus Rimann (TEDD), Dr. Gaspard Pardon (head of Bioengineering & Organoids platform, EPFL) and Dr. Mara Kornete (building manager, AGORA)
Concrete examples of applications towards clinical translation:
- "Droplet-microfluidics in personalized cancer therapy & immune repertoire screening" by Prof. Christoph Merten (group leader, EPFL
- "3D autologous tumor microenvironment (TME) for ex-vivo high throughput evaluation of adaptative cellular therapy" by Dr. Denarda Dangaj (group leader, CHUV)
2. Guided tour of the AGORA building and core facilities
- AGORA building & scientific core facilities
- Bioengineering & Organoids platform and the on-site expertise in advanced 3D cell models, microfluidics, and automation
3. Technology Pitches and live Demos by Sponsors
- Live Demo by a sponsor Readily 3D
- Technology talk by Dr. Andrea Boni, co-founder & COO Viventis Microscopy
- Connection with Zeiss representatives in the imaging lab.
- Participants had an opportunity for different way of interaction – at the extended lunch break and Apéro, as well as during the lab tour in smaller groups.